Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /homepages/15/d238775290/htdocs/archive.calmchaosonline.com/site/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 642

Strict Standards: Only variables should be passed by reference in /homepages/15/d238775290/htdocs/archive.calmchaosonline.com/site/includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php on line 642
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4319: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:642)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4321: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:642)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4322: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:642)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4323: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/arcade/functions_arcade.php:642)
Calm Chaos • View topic - Raspberry Pi
Login 

All times are UTC

Post subject: Raspberry Pi
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 2:38 pm 
Calm Member

Medals: 2
CC Team Member (1)

100k Medal (1)
So, I disappeared from here for a while because of so many reasons... Including a laptop that overheats if you look at it wrong. Anyway, I bought into the $35 version of the Raspberry Pi. It's a somewhat slow, small ARM platform, but it was cheap. It hadn't been doing anything, so I decided I'd show back up and see if I could get it crunching. I've done some searching, but not a lot out there. Any suggestions on how to get this thing to start crunchin'?

Cheers.

Image Image

Post subject: Re: Raspberry Pi
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 1:48 am 
Administrator of Anthill Assassinations

Medals: 3
CC Team Member (1)

3 Year Medal (1)

25 Million Medal (1)
No idea on the projects. I imagine it might be similar to the projects Buga is running on his tablet, but I'm not sure. Welcome back though!

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 5:03 am 
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Highscores: 20
3 Year Medal (1)

100 Million Medal (1)
Howdy Redwolf, Does that run android? If so goto the Play store thing and search NativeBOINC. There are several projects that have ported themselfs over. I just went to look and list the projects on my tablet and actually see a few more that I didn't see just a week or so ago. Looks like SETI@Home is a new one. I like to run enigma on mine. WU's are a couple hours long and dont drain the battery too bad during the day. WUProp@Home is VERY light on battery too. But there are others like Milkyway@Home, PrimeGrid, YoYo, then a few others I see that I haven't looked up yet. OPriject, Radioactive, theSkyNet POGS, Asteroids@home.

If you run anything, let us know your thoughts on how they run. I have gotten busy, busy the last several weeks and haven't switched anything around to test them myself. Other than WUProp and Enigma. Well I did run some MW and PG, but I would only have them set to run while on the charger.

Rick

Profile Personal album  

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2013 8:29 pm 
Calm Member

CC Team Member (1)

100k Medal (1)
Buga1,

From what I've read, Android doesn't port well to the Pi. I use Raspbian OS, which is Debian v.7.0. The problem is that the Raspberry Pi uses an ARM11 processor with 512MB RAM. I'm running it at 800MHz overclock, because I don't want to risk the Blue Smoke Demon by overclocking and overvolting the device. I don't have a heatsink for it or a case. (Trying to save up, but something always comes up...) Enigma works, but I've not been able to get any others to work. I'm crunching PrimeGrid, Rosetta, Enigma, Einstein, World Community Grid, and SETI (insert @home where necessary) on my crappy laptop (see CPU-Z below).

RW

Image Image

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 8:21 pm 
Calm Chaos Model Rocket Scientist

Highscores: 20
3 Year Medal (1)

100 Million Medal (1)
Yeah, I wasn't sure what that ran. But good to see ya crunching.

Rick

Profile Personal album